by Chaoss Investigator
Investigator

Moving to Berlin for 1/2 the year (in 2 - 3 month increments)

Hi, I'm going to be moving to Berlin on a part time basis and will be spending about half my time there and half my time back in London. I won't be spending more than 3 months at a time there however I'd like to know if that's going to cause any problems with my contract. I want to continue to use my EE mobile and broadband contract while in Berlin (I won't be getting a German mobile contract). I want to know if this is going to be a problem?

I'd also like to know if EE can set up a direct debit with a German bank account?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Moving to Berlin for 1/2 the year (in 2 - 3 month increments)

Good Morning @Chaoss

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

A Direct Debit can only be set up via a UK bank account.

You could pay by Standing Order but you would incur non direct debit costs monthly, if you chose to do it this way.

You data will have an EU fair use of 15GB a month.

The current terms state you need to spend a minimum of 60 out of 120 days in the UK. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Doubt EE can set up a foreign DD. It wouldn't be covered by a UK DD Guarantee.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee
Solution

Good Morning @Chaoss

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

A Direct Debit can only be set up via a UK bank account.

You could pay by Standing Order but you would incur non direct debit costs monthly, if you chose to do it this way.

You data will have an EU fair use of 15GB a month.

The current terms state you need to spend a minimum of 60 out of 120 days in the UK. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.