by sshooie

Moving abroad for 7 months

Hi and hoping for some advice please:


I have a SIM only deal for my daughter who has moved to Uni in France for c7 months.


Do I need to look at cancelling the SIM or can it be used for this length of time outside the UK?


Thanks in advance



by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Moving abroad for 7 months

She would need to spend at least 60 days in UK in any 120 day period to benefit from EE's EU roaming facilities.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
EE Community Support Team

Re: Moving abroad for 7 months

Hi @sshoie


Welcome to the community. 🙂


As @XRaySpeX pointed out, your daughter would have to spend 60 days in any 120 day period.


Please see the statement below, taken from our terms and conditions:-


EE plans are intended for customers with a stable link to the UK who travel abroad periodically. They are not intended for customers roaming on a permanent or semi-permanent basis. We will consider you have a stable link to the UK if spend a total of 60 days or more during any 120 day period within the UK. If your usage abroad in the EU/EEA exceeds this, you will be alerted by text, and after a 2-week period we may charge you for services you use or block your SIM card and roaming services. We’ll let you know before we do anything.


Find more information on our price plan guide >




Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.