by CHEDDER008
Explorer

Mobile not able to ring numbers in Europe

I’m with EE and have European calls but every Number called it tells me ‘it’s not accessible from your mobile‘
Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Mobile not able to ring numbers in Europe

@CHEDDER008 Are you able to use the chat feature online at all? An advisor will be able to look into this for you.   I’m sorry I don’t have an instant solution. My phone usually just automatically works abroad when I arrive at destination.  What country are you in at the moment?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@CHEDDER008

If you have problems connecting or using your phone when you're abroad, give the handy tips in this post a try.

My phone shows no service abroad, what do I do?

• Try re-starting your device.

• Do a manual network search in ‘settings’.

• Try turning 4G off in ‘settings’.

• Check your device is set to automatic network selection within the device settings.

For additional support with any of these select the make and model of your phone from the list on our Phones and Devices Help pages.

Still not working? 

If none of these work it could mean that roaming needs to be activated on your account.

You can check your roaming status by logging into your My EE account online and go to Menu > Manage Device > Roaming Abroad > This will show as ticked if roaming is activated.

If you need any further support and you're a personal pay monthly customer log into your My EE to use live chat and activate roaming. 

If you're unable to use the chat service, give our customer service team a call from another phone.

Why can’t I make calls or send texts when abroad?

• Try doing a manual network search in ‘settings’ and selecting a different network. Most countries will have more than one available network.

• Are you dialling the number correctly? Some phones/networks may require you to manually dial the number in international format +44 to call back to the UK.

• On iPhones make sure ‘Dial Assist’ is turned on in Settings > Phone.

If you’re still having problems your international bar may still be active.

You can check this by logging into your My EE account online and go to Menu > Manage Device > Call abroad and Premium rate calls > This will show as ticked if you're set up for making calls when abroad.

If you need any further support and you're a personal pay monthly customer log into your My EE to use live chat and activate calling when abroad. 

Why can’t I use data on my EE phone abroad?

You can use up to 15GB of your data allowance from your monthly price plan within 48 EU countries.

Read the full list of countries included >

If your plan is a new 4GEE Max Plan set up after the 10th May, you can use up to 15GB of your data allowance in 53 destinations including Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and USA.

Still not connecting to data?

If you're having trouble connecting to data or you're in a country not included within your data allowance, see our hints and tips below:

• To use data abroad if you're visiting a country not included in your allowance you will need to purchase a Data Roaming Add-on. Just access the internet on your phone or device and you’ll be directed to the EE add-on page - or got to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status.

• 4G is not available in worldwide but is available with 125 networks around the world. You will still be able to use data over 3G on available networks.

• If this doesn't work try re-starting your device and doing a manual network search.

Why can’t I access my EE voicemails abroad?

• You must have a PIN set up on your voicemail to access voicemails whilst abroad and this needs to be done before you leave the UK.

• For help setting up a voicemail PIN see the voicemail security section on the Voicemail Help page.

Why can’t I send texts when I’m abroad?

• If you’re an iPhone user - make sure ‘Send as SMS’ is turned ‘ON’ in Settings > Messages.

• Try re-starting your phone and doing a manual network search.

How do I do a manual network search?

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF

• Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

• Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

If you have any other questions just tap "Reply" below and we'll do our best to help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@CHEDDER008: Are you on contract or PAYG?

Where are you abroad? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CHEDDER008

Welcome to the community, hope you're having a brilliant trip. 🙂

Whereabouts in the world are you? 

Has the advice above helped?

Chris

by CHEDDER008
Explorer

I’m in Slovakia.
Tried switching it off and on, checked and reset roaming... nothing
by
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks @CHEDDER008

Did you try the manual network search?

Device type Steps
Apple Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
Android Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
Windows Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Are you able to receive calls?

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.