by Mike_br
Explorer

Mobile data does not work

Mobile data does not work, does not seem to connect, the Sim card is new.

My mobile data are connected and roaming access too, I already reboot the device, I removed the chip but nothing worked. I'm in Brazil

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Mobile data does not work

@Mike_br  Did you enable roaming on your EE account before you left the UK ?  This is fine by calling customer services or texting ROAMING to 150 

and or 

Have you purchased an add on as you can not use your EE allowance while there.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mike_br: Did you activate roaming on your account before you left UK?

A new SIM? Had you used it first in UK? Did you activate it there?

Can you make and receive calls and texts? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Mike_br
Explorer

Do not activate roaming before, just started using the chip here in Brazil and do not know how active roaming

by Mike_br
Explorer

I did not use it in the UK, I only activated it here in Brazil

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE contract SIMs must be activated while on EE's network in UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Mike_br
Explorer

Can not activate now? Only in the UK?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mike_br  You can not activate a SIM card on a roaming network it has to be connected to the EE network directly. Your account is not setup for roaming and it can not be until the sim is active and because it’s not activated you can not activate roaming.  

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.