by amieljemei
Explorer

Missold data sim

I got a data SIM specifically for my Canada trip as I was told idI'be able to use my allowance while roaming Canada. I got here and no data and keep getting told to buy add-ons. Been trying to call ee support (racking up charges ) so what are my options? I'd hate to pay more on top of the SIM plan I took out for this

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by amieljemei
Explorer
Solution

Re: Missold data sim

Yes I had got my rolling contract in store and was told it was a maxi plan. But finally managed to speak to someone, they waved my call charges and changed my plan to an actual maxi plan 30gb for £30 which is pretty cool. Was stressful since I was relying on the internet alot,but happy they dealt with everything swiftly

4 REPLIES 4
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @amieljemei,

Welcome to the community,

As far as I am aware, there is no SIM card that gives you free roaming in Canada using your allowance, unless you get a phone with a monthly contract and 4G sim that allows roaming in Europe and five other countries, but as I have written, it would be with a contract phone, not sim only. You need a Max plan for this to work the way you want to use it.

If you click on the contact us, you will see there is an 0800 number to speak to EE, you could try that, 08009566000.

Where did you get this SIM card from, who supplied it?

by amieljemei
Explorer
Solution

Yes I had got my rolling contract in store and was told it was a maxi plan. But finally managed to speak to someone, they waved my call charges and changed my plan to an actual maxi plan 30gb for £30 which is pretty cool. Was stressful since I was relying on the internet alot,but happy they dealt with everything swiftly

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@amieljemei, Thank you for coming back here and letting us know that you were able to get this sorted and you now have the Max plan, so are able to use your allowance and that EE waved the call charges for you, that is great news.

by
EE Employee

That is brilliant @amieljemei

I'm glad you are now sorted 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.