by philip751 Investigator
Investigator

Max plan not working in Mexico

Even though I have a max plan I have not received any confirmation that my phone will work in Mexico without having to pay extra.

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Max plan not working in Mexico

Did you receive any Welcome msg on entering Mexico? Maybe EE don't know you gone roaming. Did you enable roaming on your a/c before you left UK?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi,I did not receive a welcome message and I have been to Mexico before when it worked. All I have done since then is upgrade my phone.Phil Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Check whether you have Roaming enabled in your MyEE a/c under Manage Device. If not, try to switch it on. If it won't let you you will need to call CS to do so.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @philip751,

Welcome to the EE Community.

If you try to load a webpage, are you redirected to purchase an add-on or does the page load successfully?

Thanks

James

Investigator

Hi,If not on wifi yes.PhilSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by

Hi @philip751,

If you are not directed to the add-ons page when browsing the internet over mobile data, it means your inclusive roaming in Mexico is working.

Have a great holiday. Smiley Happy

James

Investigator

Hi James,I get the redirect when I am not on mobile internet.  I wish I was on holiday! :(Phil Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by

Hi @philip751,

Just to confirm, your mobile data is working fine but you can't connect using WiFi?

Thanks

James

Investigator

Hi James,No.  I admit that I have not tried mobile data yet as I do not want to risk incurring charges. I can connect to wifi no problem.PhilSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by

Hi @philip751,

If your plan doesn't include roaming in Mexico, you'll be redirected to purchase an add-on if you try to use mobile data.

You can't be charged for data usage when roaming without purchasing an add-on.

Let me know if mobile data works when you have had a chance to test it.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.