by MikeJ80 Contributor
Contributor

Max plan charges from USA

Hi guys, new to the community.

Recently upgraded to the max plan, I’m traveling to the USA next month and want to find out if I’ll be charged for making calls/texts back home?? Also, will the recipient get charged?? 

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Max plan

@MikeJ80  You can use your allowance in the US and no one be will be charged if you call them.   Just text ROAMING to 150 to enable roaming on your account and also from within your online account make sure international and premium rate numbers are enabled. 

You can use upto 15GB of data per month while there if your tariff has this or more. 

by MikeJ80 Contributor
Contributor

Cheers for reply 👍🏻, if I don’t text roaming then I won’t be able to phone or text etc???

by MikeJ80 Contributor
Contributor

@Chris_B wrote:

@MikeJ80  You can use your allowance in the US and no one be will be charged if you call them.   Just text ROAMING to 150 to enable roaming on your account and also from within your online account make sure international and premium rate numbers are enabled. 

You can use upto 15GB of data per month while there if your tariff has this or more. 

What about texts? Same as calls?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@MikeJ80  Yep,   You can use it like your in the UK with the exception you can call US numbers without  incurring a charge.    

by Profile closed
Not applicable

It includes all calls and texst, both back to the UK and also to local landline numbers in the US and US mobiles as well whilst you are roaming in the US.

by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

You can also use all of your allowance in the US (+4 other Max inclusive countries). It is not capped to 15GB, only EU countries are capped. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.