by mjc Investigator
Investigator

Max Plan (from June 2017) and World Talk & Text Add-on

Quick question I'm hoping someone within the community can clarify for me.

I'm on one of the newer EE 4G Max Plans (from June of this year), this plan allows me to use my call and data allowance when visiting the USA (as the USA is one of the 5 additional destinations).

However, My EE shows that I also have the World Talk and Text Add-on attached to my account, this Add-on limits call and Text costs to £5 a day in select countries, one of which is the USA (this Add-on cannot be removed).

I'll be visiting the USA in a few weeks, if everything works as it should, I'll be able to use my monthly call, text and data allowance (unlimited, unlimited, 12GB) in the USA at no extra cost as I'm on the newer Max plan. I'm just slightly concerned that as I have the World Talk and Text Add-on there's a possibility I may be charged £5 a day should I make any calls or texts.

Am I worrying about nothing, or should I get in-touch with EE CS prior to my trip?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Max Plan (from June 2017) and World Talk & Text Add-on

Is it the World Select Talk and Text add on?

The page says:

If you’ve already got inclusive minutes in your plan for the country you’re visiting (for example, you’ve got free calls in the USA), you’ll use them first and not be charged £5 for the day.

So that seems to cover the new MAX plan. You could just remove the add on if you wanted to make sure - text STOP WORLD to 150.

Also text ROAMING to 150 whilst in the UK to check you have roaming set up.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ Does your account say your on a Max plan ?  

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Is it the World Select Talk and Text add on?

The page says:

If you’ve already got inclusive minutes in your plan for the country you’re visiting (for example, you’ve got free calls in the USA), you’ll use them first and not be charged £5 for the day.

So that seems to cover the new MAX plan. You could just remove the add on if you wanted to make sure - text STOP WORLD to 150.

Also text ROAMING to 150 whilst in the UK to check you have roaming set up.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mjc

If you get a chance to answer the questions from @Chris_B and @chistery then we can try and help further.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by mjc Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for chiming in on this guys

@Chris_B Definitely a Max plan shows as '12M SIM Max 12GB' in 'My Plan and Add-ons'.

@chistery My Add-ons lists it as 'World Talk & Text', I'm assuming this is the same as 'World Select Talk & Text'? Good tip on the 'STOP WORLD' I completely forgot about the option to do that via text.

Thanks again   

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.