by freedy50 Investigator
Investigator

Max Plan for Australia

I keep reading about a Max Plan that I could use in Australia and it says post 10th May 2017 it's included. I've never seen this quoted on my account if it is included.

However, it says "Calls to numbers outside EE Europe zone are £1.20 a minute". I will be wanting to phone my son in Australia when I am there, but obviously this would be classed as "outside EE Europe zone" so I assume I would be charged this amount and the same with the texts at 48p a text? And would my 6gb date be included? Am I correct?

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Max Plan for Australia

As long as you have the correct Max plan and you are roaming in any of the included countries, all calls to UK numbers and mobile & landline numbers in the country you are roaming in (or any of the other countries included in your plan) are all included in your allowances.

Those charges you mention are for when you are back home and don't apply when you are roaming.

As an example, I have a Max plan and was roaming in the US over the New Year.  I called a restaurant whilst there are that call was included in my allowances:

Screenshot 2019-01-12 at 21.19.01.png

(I'm not bothering blocking out the actual number above as it's only a resturant in Fort Lauderdale.  EE still also incorrectly have the call label wrong as it wasn't roaming inside EU.  This has been rasied countless times now, but EE just ignore this bug.)

Now if I called the same number now I'm back home here in the UK, I would get an International call charge for it!

by freedy50 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for that, but how do I get on this Max Plan or know if I'm already on it?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@freedy50, When did you take out your plan? You should know which plan you took out

and when. 

You can check this in your account, either by logging into My EE or via the browser. If you took it out before 10th May 2017, then you will need a new SIM card if it is a Max plan SIM card, otherwise you will be charged for calls in Australia. You can ring customer service and speak to them, they can also check this out for you.

by freedy50 Investigator
Investigator

My plan was started on 1st February 2017 and is a 12 month SIM Essential Plan. Maybe I will discuss it with customer services to see what they can adjust?

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @freedy50

If you are looking to move to a MAX Plan I would recommend giving us a call, our customer service team will be more than happy to help.

Have a great time in Australia, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.