by aderowlands Investigator
Investigator

Max Plan and travel in USA

Apologies if this is a topic that comes up several times a week but I havent learnt to search these forums yet. I have a EE Max Plan contract taken out in January this year for 40GB a month and unlimited calls and texts. I'll be travelling to the USA next year and on reading the information online it's my understanding I dont need to add any of the travel pack options to my account as any data I use whilst there comes out of my 40GB monthly allowance and calls to/from home come out of my plan allowance also, just want to verify that this is the way it works. Also, will any calls be charged at foreign rates or will there be no extra charge for calling to/from abroad? What network do I connect to once there to make sure I'm on the right one to stay on this deal or will it automatically pick the correct EE partner network there? only ever travelled abroad as a customer of another network before and used to cost a fortune. Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Max Plan and travel in USA

Pretty much yes, however, you can actually only use 15Gb of your data allowance whilst you are roaming.

No packs will be needed and everything should just work automatically.  You will either connect to T-Mobile US or AT&T whilst roaming within the US.

You must make sure though that roaming and International dialing are both enabled on your EE account before you travel by phoning EE and asking an agent to enable both these features on your account for you.

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Pretty much yes, however, you can actually only use 15Gb of your data allowance whilst you are roaming.

No packs will be needed and everything should just work automatically.  You will either connect to T-Mobile US or AT&T whilst roaming within the US.

You must make sure though that roaming and International dialing are both enabled on your EE account before you travel by phoning EE and asking an agent to enable both these features on your account for you.

Investigator

Thanks for the clarification. 15Gb is fine. It will be used in quick bursts for Google maps and the like. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @aderowlands.

Welcome to the community.

This is a brilliant answer from @Profile closed, I couldn't of put it better myself 🙂

I echo the last section about setting up your account before you travel, just make sure roaming and international calls are both enabled.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Jon

Investigator

Reading the details on my account though it says a phone call costs £1 a minute from outside the EU. Should I get the minutes package that’s available or am I reading it wrong and phone calls to and from me when in America will be free and from my allowance. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @aderowlands.

On our Max Plans, you're able to use your inclusive allowances in the EU plus 5 extra destinations, including the USA.

You won't need to buy a minutes add-on 🙂

Have a look at our Roaming Page and check the Max Plan section.

Jon

Investigator

Thanks for the clarification. So much better than my old network and having the cheek to dare using my phone abroad. Wish I’d made the switch ages ago. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.