by Michael90
Explorer

Max Plan Changes

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could answer this. 

Im currently on a max plan from sept 2016. I have seen that the new max plans include 5 newer countries. 

Is is there anything that I would have to do to benefit from it?

Ive spoken to the online chat team and they said it'll automatically change on the 15th to include that. 

However when I spoke to the contact centre said that I would have to change to a higher max price plan. 

Im unsure of how to proceed. 

Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Max Plan Changes

Hi,

The information you were given from the customer support agent is incorrect I am afraid. 

You will have to switch to one of the new Max plans to benefit from this. 

I would recommend you to call back again in a few days time when the correct info are propagated in the system.  🙂 

W

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Unless you're going away a lot, the Travel Data Pass may be a better option, and stick with the plan you are on - at least until September then you can renegotiate your plan, and see what EE will offer.

(Travel Data pass can only be added to existing max plans from 15th June)

http://shop.ee.co.uk/international/travelling-abroad/travel-data-pass

by Michael90
Explorer

Hi Chistery,

Thanks for the message,

I go to North America quite frequently, so would prefer the benefits of the new plan.

The data pass doesnt allow calls, so doesnt really help.

Why would this change in september?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Michael90, I mentioned September as I assumed you would be out of contract (assuming a 12 month sim only plan?) and you are free to negotiate with EE on their current plans, discounts, etc, or threaten to leave and see if that helps get a better deal.

You can phone 150 and move onto a new MAX plan that includes free roaming in the 5 non EU contries. Depending on what you pay now, you could end up paying more, but have less data, but they can go through your options.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.