by stevegage84 Contributor
Contributor

Making calls in USA

Hi everyone,

Quick question that I hope you can answer for me. I’m travelling to the USA at the end of the month and have a personal AU 4GEE Max plan.

I’ve got roaming set up and I know that I can use my mins, texts and data in the USA as part of the plan, but I was wondering if this only applies to calls to UK numbers or if I can call US numbers as well (the same as you can within the EU)? I can’t seem to find an answer on the website.

Thank you very much for your help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Making calls in USA

I am sorry yes US numbers are included for EE MAX plan customers who took out their plan on or after 10th May 2017 only:

* EE Europe Zone
From 15th June 2017 all plans include roaming in Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Canary Islands, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guyana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Islands, Romania, San Marino, Saint Martin (French), Saint Barthelemy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Vatican City (Italy).

New Max Plans from the 10th May 2017 include the above plus Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and USA.

7 REPLIES 7
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @stevegage84 no US numbers are not included only UK and EE Europe zone numbers:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/usa

Contributor

@tm90 thank you for your help Smiley Happy

Contributor

@tm90 sorry just wanted to double check again, as I was looking at a post on the forum which states you can make calls/texts to US numbers as part of the max plan for no charge (screenshot attached)FD94F335-EF8A-410D-99E5-CC19BDFFDAAE.png

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

I am sorry yes US numbers are included for EE MAX plan customers who took out their plan on or after 10th May 2017 only:

* EE Europe Zone
From 15th June 2017 all plans include roaming in Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Canary Islands, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guyana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Islands, Romania, San Marino, Saint Martin (French), Saint Barthelemy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Vatican City (Italy).

New Max Plans from the 10th May 2017 include the above plus Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and USA.

Contributor

@tm90 Thank you very much - I took mine out after 10th May so I’lll be covered.

Smiley Very Happy

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You are welcome. I hope you enjoy your time abroad!

The community is here anytime if there is anything else you would like to know.

🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Brilliant news, @stevegage84.

Make sure you text ROAMING to 150 to make sure your phone is set up to use abroad.

Have an amazing time. 😄

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.