Highlighted
by nigelk22 Investigator
Investigator

Making calls in USA

I have a go further plan. If I am in the USA what is the cost of calling another number in the USA or is it free? I can't find the answer anywhere! Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Making calls in USA

Free both for US numbers and UK numbers while in the US. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
21 REPLIES 21
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Free both for US numbers and UK numbers while in the US. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @nigelk22 and welcome to the community.

Please see the brilliant advice given above from @XRaySpeX.

Many thanks,

Lee

by nigelk22 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee.  Many thanks for your help.  Do I take it that calls from the USA to any of the European countries included in the Euro roaming would also be free?  Could you please confirm.

If so then it just seems to me that the only additional cost outside of the add on is when I call the USA or any of the european countries actually from the UK.  Am I correct?

Many thanks

Nigel

by
EE Employee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Totally correct, bearing in mind you must buy this add=on for 6 months.

by nigelk22 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you so much for all your help - better than the EE business helpline who were unsure!!

by nigelk22 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you so much for all your help - better than the EE business helpline who were unsure!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by nigelk22 Investigator
Investigator

Many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
by nigelk22 Investigator
Investigator

Unfortunately it doesn’t as it is not clear about making calls in the same country and then making calls from one country to another

Sent from my iPhone
by Embraer Investigator
Investigator

Could you give me a weblink to this because I've been given conflicting information by your Chat and In Store and I don't want my father who's just got a Go Further plan add-on racking up call costs making calls inside the USA to USA numbers

regards

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Embraer: Go Further Roaming Add-on

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Embraer,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community. Smiley Happy

Did @XRaySpeX's great answer give you all the information you needed?

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@nigelk22: Yes, you are right. It is badly written & missing important info.

Basically Go Further is an extrapolation of EU Roaming. In EU you may call EU + UK nos. In the Go Further 5 extra countries you may call the 5 extra countries + EU + UK nos.

You might find it clearer in Pay Monthly 24 month Plans Price Guide by looking at the 1st table & reading the Max Plan as the Go Further benefits:

As well as EU roaming, Max plan customers will also be able to take their inclusive allowance to Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and the USA.

but even there it is not really clearly stated.

by nigelk22 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the response. When I had a Max plan before I was able to call the US from the UK and did not incur any charges. Now I understand that a charge is levied for calls from the UK to the US but not from the US to the US, from the US to the UK or from the US to the European countries. Is this what you believe the case to be? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, that is exactly correct.

You must have had an older Max Plan that included International calls from UK. I don't remember.

Now International calls & texts can be rather expensive but EE has a free add-on that anyone, on PAYG or contract, can apply for to give these calls & texts at a fraction of the standard rates. See The Free CALL ABROAD Add-on for Cheap Calls/Texts from UK .

by Embraer Investigator
Investigator

This advice goes completely against that that was given in an EE store in the Trafford Centre 2 hours ago even when I showed them the document thats been linked to. Has anybody got a copy of their bill show no charges for US to US?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Embraer: What advice exactly were you given by the store?

What plan/add-on were you discussing with them? An Essentials Plan w/out the Go Further add-on would be charged for calls from US to US nos.

Unless somebody has paid for itemised billing you will not see no charges for US to US in their bills.

by Embraer Investigator
Investigator

My father has a non-Max account and bought the Go Further upgrade last night (6mths x £10). As he's now in the US (not making US to US calls yet) I can only assume that EE wouldn't have tried to (or been able to) sell him an Add On that effectively did the same as a Max account if he actually had a Max account so I can only think he has the normal Essential account. I've no real way of knowing

Surfice to say he has the Go Further Add On yet the local EE store still say that US to US is a No No and falls outside of any tariff he has.

I assume you're not an EE official who can give me an absolute definitive ruling on this, it's poor form that nobody can 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.