by Misslinakaro
Explorer

Making calls from abroad

Hi,

I'm stuck in a hospital in France. It appears I can't make phone calls or send texts but internet works ok. I tried logging to my EE but it keeps saying  'page not found'. I've received a text telling me how much phonecalls etc cost so assumed Roaming was activated? Also as internet works ok

...Can't use another phone as I'm alone for the time being and have no WiFi to make a WiFi call. At least I can use WhatsApp for messages but need to make calls too. Help please! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Making calls from abroad

Hi @Misslinakaro

Thank you for coming to see us in the EE community all the way from France 

I'm sorry to hear that you are stuck in Hospital and I know @Chris_B has been kindly trying to help you.

When you are preparing for your trip abroad, it is essential that roaming is activated before you go away.

In order to do this, all the information/set-up instructions can be found in our EE roaming - Getting ready to use your phone abroad support article.

I know on this occasion, you were aware that you needed to do this.  I know it's not working at the moment for you.

However, we can help.

Please take a look at some of the hints, tips and tricks to get activated in our Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad support article.

If none of the advice in the support article works, you may have an international bar present.  

This will need account access at this point.

If you are a pay monthly personal EE customer, then log in to My EE and await a chat with an online advisor.

If you can't access this, then please call customer services from an alternative landline or mobile.

Please let me know how you get on and I hope you get well soon.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Misslinakaro  Are you dialling 44 or +44 instead of the 0 at the start of the number? 

Did you enable roaming or even check to see if roaming was enabled on your account before you left the UK ?   

by Misslinakaro
Explorer

Yes all my numbers are stored as +44 or 0044. I had been able to make phonecalls on previous trips so didn't think I'd need to activate

by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @Misslinakaro

Thank you for coming to see us in the EE community all the way from France 

I'm sorry to hear that you are stuck in Hospital and I know @Chris_B has been kindly trying to help you.

When you are preparing for your trip abroad, it is essential that roaming is activated before you go away.

In order to do this, all the information/set-up instructions can be found in our EE roaming - Getting ready to use your phone abroad support article.

I know on this occasion, you were aware that you needed to do this.  I know it's not working at the moment for you.

However, we can help.

Please take a look at some of the hints, tips and tricks to get activated in our Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad support article.

If none of the advice in the support article works, you may have an international bar present.  

This will need account access at this point.

If you are a pay monthly personal EE customer, then log in to My EE and await a chat with an online advisor.

If you can't access this, then please call customer services from an alternative landline or mobile.

Please let me know how you get on and I hope you get well soon.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.