by jumble1 Investigator
Investigator

Make calls abroad

Hi, I'm in the United States and my phone is unable to make calls or send texts. I can however receive calls and texts, and also use data. I've added the US data roaming package to my account which has worked fine for the day, but not sending calls or messages. Please advise. Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Make calls abroad

@jumble1  Login to your account and make sure International and premium rate numbers is enabled. 

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Employee

Hi @jumble1 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

by jumble1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee, thanks for the response. I have done as suggested and manually selected AT&T 4G network. The same problem is happening, I can receive calls and texts but I can't send any outgoing. Do you have any other suggestions?

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@jumble1  Login to your account and make sure International and premium rate numbers is enabled. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jumble1,

That's a great tip from @Chris_B, it does sound like international calling is barred on your account.

Did you manage to activate it in My EE?

Thanks

James

by jumble1 Investigator
Investigator

Sorry for the delay in responding. This worked, that's very much @Chris_B and @James_B

by
EE Employee

Brilliant @jumble1

Enjoy the rest of your trip abroad.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.