by Ad13 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

MAX plans & Roaming Data Rip-off

I'm on the 30gb Max SIMO plan at £39.99 per month. I'm due to travel to the US in a month or so. Can someone at EE enlighten me as to why I'm paying for a plan with the highest benefit of being able to use my data for roaming but someone paying less for less 'benefits' on the other plans are able to get preferential treatment by being able to add the travel data to their plan when outside of the EU? Why are your highest paying customer being penalised? 

You've mentioned that in several threads that you're 'looking in to it' but this was three months ago. What's the update. I'm sick of seeing the copy and paste answer of 'we'll post here when we have further information' line. 

If I can't take advantage of this daily rate for 500mb, that is the cost to your Max plan customers? To be honest I'm disgusted  that this has been overlooked and no action has been taken to address it after all of this time. You know summer holidays will be here before you know it so brace yourselves for the imminent fallout from not sorting this out!

73 REPLIES 73
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: MAX plans & Roaming Data Rip-off

Hello @Ad13

While the summer holidays will be here shortly, every plan that someone has signed up to which includes EU roaming (including the new Max Plans) will become obsolete as of the 15th June 2017 when EU roaming becomes roam-like-home.

EE are planning to launch the Travel Data Pass for Max Plan customers but unfortunately there is no timescale as of now.

Established Contributor

Thanks for the reply. 3 months after lunching new plans isn't really acceptable though is it? 

Someone on the 4GEE or Essential plans would get 500mb data for £4 per day. Us Max plan users are forced to pay standard roaming at a ridiculous charge.

EE might want to look how they treat their highest paying customers. It's not in their interest to loose this type of revenue. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Ad13

I understand your frustration with this.

I will do some further digging for you to see what I can find.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Thank you Lee, your help is very much appreciated.

Established Contributor

As usual, no further information has been given in this topic. It's SEVEERAL MONTHS now since the new plans were launched, and still no access to the Travel Data Pass add-on for MAX plans for roaming outside of the EU.

So I spend £39.99 per month on 30gb SIMO that targeted towards roaming, but are forced to pay extortionate roaming, but yet again if I spent £20 on a lower plan, I'd get access to cheaper roaming via the Travel Data add-on? EE, you have it all the wrong way round!

QUESTION: I'm travelling to the US in a few weeks. What's my options? How much will it cost me in £, when a two week trip using the Travel Data Pass would be £70 for 7000mb (500mb x 14 days).
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I understand it to be the highly complicated billing system and no one can work out quite how to do it. I assume it's hard to work out how not to charge it in EU, but you'd think after this amount of time they'd have found a solution or created a new Add on.

Also, it would only cost you £56 in the US for 14 days with the travel data pass. 🙂

I'll never buy the existing add ons, instead I'll use my Vodafone SIM, so EE don't get anything extra from me until they fix it.

Established Contributor

You're correct it would only be £56 and not £70. That's even makes me more angry! 

If the the excuse is the 'highly complicated billing system', then that's a poor excuse. This isn't EE's first rodeo. They've been at this game long enough to know how to do this - they've chosen not to put resource in to resolve it because the roaming all changes later in the year in the EU. So yet again, customer suffer. 

I had had the identical problem last year with the £19.99 16gb SIMO deal they were running. They 'couldn't work out due to billing' how to apply the Eurodata Pass to that price plan. That was also never resolved. It's not in their interest to save customers money.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Ad13

I have chased this today for you, soon as I hear back I will certainly let you know.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Any updates on this please?

I'm in month 11 of my 12 contract. I have 3 lines with EE and I'm at that crossroad that EE can't implement this, other networks can! Vodafone do their World Traveller for £5 per day. 

We'd like, and kinda deserve, an answer on this. I'm sick of chasing it. This will be the last time... or I'm gone.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Ad13.

At the moment we have no further information.

As soon as we do will let you all know.

Thanks.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Thanks @Leanne_T. Imagine how us customers feel chasing things if you can't get updates!

Established Contributor

I said earlier that I wouldn't chase this any more.

But one last time... any updates on this. My contract for three lines hinges on what's happening with the ability to add the Travel Data Add-on the Max Plans. 
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Ad13.

We have no further information at the moment.

As soon as we do we will let you know in this post.

Thanks.

by mwalpole Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I too would like this resolved. I will be travelling around the States in a couple of weeks and disappointed to see that customers on a lower price plan than mine can get 500mb of data a day for a fixed price of £4 while for the same cost I will only get 40mb because I was stupid enough to take a Max Plan!!!

How is that fair?

by
EE Employee

Hi @mwalpole

I understand your frustration with this situation.

I will certainly pass your feedback over to the relevant team.

Many thanks,

Lee

by toffeebrann Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Wouldn't it be simpler for EE to create another travel add on for max plan customers for outside the EU. Perhaps one with inclusive minutes and more countries, like O2 and Vodafone do. Max plan customers pay a premium price for a premium service. They should have access to better roaming add ons for outside the EU.

by
EE Employee

Hi @toffeebrann and welcome back to the Community.

I will certainly pass all feedback over to the roaming team.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Because that's too simple and EE don't like simple. It has to be THE worst thought out add-on and price plan I've ever seen. 

They best had get this sorted because in a month or two, there will be an influx of people going on holiday and this is going to cause some pretty severe complaints. 

Saying that, there must me some new price plans in the near future as these current plans have been in place since August of last year. There's also some huge EU roaming changes coming in June so something's gonna have to change abou that time. 

by mwalpole Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Not even a month or two. My kids break up in a couple of weeks for Easter and I'll be taking them to the States again. I'm sure I'm not the only EE MAX customer travelling then so that will be when the proverbial s@&* hits the fan!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.