by Lorraine10
Visitor

Just landed in spain and despite connecting to Movistar I cannot make calls

Just landed in spain and despite connecting to Movistar I cannot make calls Or contact EE on 150

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Just landed in spain and despite connecting to Movistar I cannot make calls

If on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Lorraine10

Did you turn your roaming on before travelling? You can check your roaming via my EE app if that on if not your can trun it on.

Also some time manually network search and restarting the phone can solve the problem. 

Thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lorraine10  If you have a signal on the device you just need to enable call  abroad and premium rate numbers from within your online account or my EE app as roaming is enabled or you wouldn’t have a signal on the device. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Afternoon @Lorraine10

Thanks for coming here.

Hope you're having a lovely time in Spain 🙂

Have you been able to get this working following the advice you have been given?

Leanne 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.