by Hayleyp91 Contributor
Contributor

Just arrived in USA had text with call costs

I’m on max plan but received the texts about cost of add ons etc now I’m worried I’m being charged?? Someone help I’m scared to start using data and making calls/texts

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Just arrived in USA had text with call costs

Believe that is a pro-forma text sent to everyone entering the country.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@XRaySpeX EE have updated the text system now so Max plan users should not be getting the generic text anymore when they land in a country that’s included in allowances including those 5 extra none-EU countries.

This is what you should get with a Max plan now:

25596391-0D94-4AA0-AF1A-7AC621C6B046.jpeg

@Hayleyp91 when did you get your Max plan?

by Hayleyp91 Contributor
Contributor

They switched me to my max plan 2 days ago and it’s showing in my app that I have the max plan...so I hope I’m not going to get charged as I had to make a USA call when I landed!

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Does data work ok? If it does, and you haven't purchased an add-on, it should be a good indicator that you are on the new max plan. 

Generally you need to opt in to pay for data and it won't just work unless it's part of your plan, or you have a recurring data pass.

by
EE Community Support Team

All must be good then, @Hayleyp91. 🙂

If you weren't on a plan that covers you for the USA, you wouldn't have been able to do that.

If you want to, for your own peace of mind, you can keep an eye on your usage using the My EE app.

If there's anything unusual on there, give me a shout.

Please don't worry and enjoy the rest of your trip. 🙂

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.