by LouiseL
Explorer

Just arrived abroad and I can't telephone or text?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Just arrived abroad and I can't telephone or text?

Good morning @LouiseL

Welcome to community 🙂

I know @XRaySpeX and @Profile closed have tried to help already 🙂

The questions asked have established that we need to get your phone activated to work abroad.

Please get in touch with the team via a live online chat by selecting EE from the drop down box.

Wait a couple of seconds and an option to speak with a customer service representative will populate.

Get them to check, that their is no international barring present.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@LouiseL: Did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Presumably not. Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Devices. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @LouiseL sorry to hear you are having problems using your phone abroad. What phone do you have? Can you get a signal on the phone? Have you enabled roaming on your account? You can check by logging in to MYEE online and navigating to MYEE>manage device.

Try restarting the phone and/or a manual network search and trying another local roaming network if possible. Let me know how you get on 🙂 

by LouiseL
Explorer

Thank you for replying. I have an iPhone 7, I think the problem is I haven't previously set up my roaming with EE, I didn't know I had to. I have now logged in to MyEE and have confirmed via the email link they sent me, but now in the registration process I can't get past point 2, I enter my mobile number then the next screen asks me are you the bill payer, I am so I click yes, it then sends me back to enter my mobile number and I just keep going round in circles, I have logged out and back in and cannot get past these two screens! Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Good morning @LouiseL

Welcome to community 🙂

I know @XRaySpeX and @Profile closed have tried to help already 🙂

The questions asked have established that we need to get your phone activated to work abroad.

Please get in touch with the team via a live online chat by selecting EE from the drop down box.

Wait a couple of seconds and an option to speak with a customer service representative will populate.

Get them to check, that their is no international barring present.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @LouiseL with regards to your online account try another device or browser if you can or clearing the cookies/history of your current browser then trying again. If it still does not work then if you mention it to Live Chat when you contact them to enable roaming they should be able to check/register the online account for you. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.