by TDLDN
Explorer

Ive lost data connection in Switzerland, while others around me on EE are fine

I’m in Switzerland for the weekend and spent yesterday with full connection to data as part of my normal EE plan. Today all connection has gone (have tried lots of fixes) for my phone while others in our group on EE still have connection. Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Ive lost data connection in Switzerland, while others around me on EE are fi

Hello @TDLDN ,

Welcome to the community,

Have you taken a look here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/EE-Roaming-Help-when-abroad-with-your-EE-phone-or-device/td-p/...

You may need to reboot your phone, and if on pay as you go, need to make sure that you have enough credit.

Whereabouts in Switzerland are you? Lovely country, know it well, hope you have a great time!

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Ive lost data connection in Switzerland, while others around me on EE are fi

Hello @TDLDN ,

Welcome to the community,

Have you taken a look here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/EE-Roaming-Help-when-abroad-with-your-EE-phone-or-device/td-p/...

You may need to reboot your phone, and if on pay as you go, need to make sure that you have enough credit.

Whereabouts in Switzerland are you? Lovely country, know it well, hope you have a great time!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TDLDN,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Did @Schockwave's great advice help you get connected?

Hope you are enjoying your holiday.

James

by TDLDN
Explorer

Thanks for this! 

The problem seemed to be that the network that was automatically selected wasn't working, and the second one I forced it to join (I didn't realise) had bad coverage in the area. After that I have up and posted the message. When I tried again the other network worked fine.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

I'll enjoy Zurich a lot more now

by
EE Community Support Team

Glad you're back up and running, @TDLDN 

Have an amazing time in Zurich!

Chris

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@TDLDN , Lovely town Zurich, but then so is the whole country! Have a great time!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.