cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It there any list of EE EU roaming partner?

SilviaYan
Visitor

Hi there,

I would like to know where can I find the list of EE EU roaming partner, thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@SilviaYan  I don’t believe there is one.  Your device wil connect to different network providers within the EU depending on where you are in the EU. 

Lee_H
Legend
Legend

Hi and welcome to the community @SilviaYan 

You handset will try to connect to the best network possible whilst roaming.

You can manual network search if needed to pick up an alternative, plus you are not charged any different when moving from network to network.

To manual network search please see the below instructions:

Phone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Many thanks,

Lee

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

There used to be a list of EE's 4G roaming partners but I can't find it now.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi Lee,

I keep getting different answers, you're the second EE rep to say I should be able to manually log on to any network (that appears when I do a manual search), however when I try, I just get the message that my SIM card is not suitable for a connection to that network (Mobistar in Spain and Vodafone.de in Germany).

But an EE tech spec just said that I can only log onto "Partner" networks.

The problem is that the "partner" networks have poor service where I am, so if there isn't a list of Partner networks, how am I meant to know which ones I can use? 

Or are you correct and the tech spec is wrong, which would suggest I have an issue with my SIM card?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @chawkin7

Thanks for coming here.

Can you connect to any network when roaming?

What phone are you using?

Speak soon. Leanne.

Hi.

I'm using a Galaxy S9, on a Business contract.

It will connect automatically to Orange in Spain and Telekom.de in Germany, but they have very poor signals where I am, and data is very hit or miss.

Thanks.

@chawkin7: @Lee_H did not say "any". He said "alternative" meaning an alternative Partner network.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @chawkin7

Thanks for coming back to me.

Is anyone else able to connect to these networks?

Leanne.

sully1311
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

The list can be found here: https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/roaming_networks_27.02.18.pdf

The link is on the EE roaming home page under "Great 4G coverage, at home and away"