by Jadetay Investigator
Investigator

Issues connecting in states with global roaming on

I'm in the states and up until a day ago had no problems connecting to local provider. Now, phone will only connect to WiFi as all local networks are coming up as unavailable. Everyone else I'm with who are also on ee are having no issues connecting to local networks. I can't call help line as it won't call without a network (slight flaw as I've enabled WiFi calls and beyond frustrating). Roaming is enabled and my phone is a brand new (about 2 weeks old) Sony experia on android. How do I fix this? I'm about to be travelling solo so need mobile connection to meet up with people along the way and to be able to call to make bookings. 

5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Issues connecting in states with global roaming on

wifi calling doesn't work outside of the UK.

You can skype EE for free if you have wifi, on +44 800 956 6000 or try and live chat from MyEE. Or borrow a friends phone if they have inclusive calls to the UK, though may have to wait for morning time in the UK before calling now.

have you tried the usual things. Turn off 4G, reboot, manual search for ATT or TMobile, etc? 

You don't seem to be alone with roaming issues in the USA though.

by Jadetay Investigator
Investigator

Yes, updated software, restarted over 20 times, reset phone, manual and automatic searches for networks and used someone else's working phone to call ee but it still isn't working.... Pointless waste of time and money at this point. Lost a day of my holiday trying to sort and still nothing. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jadetay,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Are customer services investigating your issue for you?

Thanks

James

by Jadetay Investigator
Investigator

No. They told me to turn it off and on again and that it will be working in the next 24hrs. It's over 36hrs later and still nothing so more time of my holiday is now going to be wasted on the phone to what is laughably called customer service. Really questioning why I'm using ee as a provider if they're going to leave me stranded in a foreign country without providing the service I'm paying for. Horrendous experience. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Jadetay

I am very sorry this is not working for you.

If you can log into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer.

Once you're logged in, a chat window will pop up when an advisor is available.

If you can't get in contact with chat, please get in touch from an alternative phone

Our technical support team will be able to get this looked into further and see why this is not working for you.

I hope you get this sorted and enjoy your holiday.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.