by jennifer01
Explorer

Is there any packs available for roaming in China on Prepay ?

Hi, I am currently a pre-pay customer and I am wondering if there are any packs or add on's that I can use for traveling to China to allow me to use my phone and data while traveling in China? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Is there any packs available for roaming in China on Prepay ?

For roaming costs & add-ons see http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/china . You can't use any of your UK packs in China. You will need to pay per unit charges for calls & texts & buy these roaming data add-ons.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

For roaming costs & add-ons see http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/china . You can't use any of your UK packs in China. You will need to pay per unit charges for calls & texts & buy these roaming data add-ons.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by jennifer01
Explorer

Thank you, this is great so am I right in thinking that I could purchase the Zone A Data add on for £20 for 7 days and that gives me 250MB of Data and I just pay for calls and texts as used? Also am I right in saying this can only be purchased when you arrive in the country and not prior. Thanks so much for all the advice.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @jennifer01

Yes that is correct you can purchase the data add-on when you are in China.

You will receive a text message when you arrive and you should follow the instruction to purchase the add-on.

You will pay for any calls and texts, you will need credit to make and receive calls and sent text messages. 

Hope you have an amazing time 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Yes, you've got it all in 1.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.