by John528
Visitor

Is it possible to roam in Canada from a prepaid account?

I am currently in Montreal and cannot connect to the EE network. I have tried to message ROAMING to 150 but I get this message "Not sent. Tap to try again." I tried 6 times but same response. I have funds in my account but have not purchased a pack. I tried to buy a 7 day pack but am unable to. I get a message that says the transaction did not go through and I will not be charged. It further states that the problem is EE's. Any advice would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Is it possible to roam in Canada from a prepaid account?

@John528   Your pack allowance will not work outside of the EU.  You’ll will be charged for your calls and texts and data usage.   

Have you tried restarting your device.

Just to add  you’ll not pickup the EE network there as EE don’t have a network there,  you’ll join EE roaming partner. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Is it possible to roam in Canada from a prepaid account?

It's certainly possible but you need sufficient PAYG credit to pay for calls, text & roaming data add-ons as in https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/canada .

The ROAMING text is no use to you. It's only for contracts, not PAYG.

Packs & UK add-ons are no use to you. They are only valid in EU.

Otherwise I can't think why it's not working unless you have such a low PAYG credit.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.