by guillermo Investigator
Investigator

Is any 4G in Oslo Norway?

I'm a tourist from south america. I need 4G in Oslo Norway. I bought the EE in London for 30 days for my travel to Scandinavia. It worked very good in Helsinki and Stockholm, but not working in Oslo. There is no information in the website and no contact number. In the check coverage only applies for London.

7 REPLIES 7
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Is any 4G in Oslo Norway?

You can get 4G on Telia in Norway, dependent on having a compatible device.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @guillermo

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you able to get any data connection at all? Is it just 4G that you cannot access?

Please check your add-on status to make sure you have an active add-on.

Thanks.

Chris

Investigator

Hi Cris, thanks for helping me. I have the 3G signal but it doesn't work for any data. No whatsup nor googlemaps. Now i'm using a wifi to text you. I've downloaded the app and also cheques the active add-on says 1 in use. I have plenty of data unused. 

Investigator

Hi Chistery, thanks for helping me. I have an Iphone. Anything to do?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@guillermo, which network are you currently on? If it's not Telia try a manual search and see if you can connect to Telia.

There may just be a local problem and 4g isn't working there, and it may start working later. 3G should be working and be ok for whatsapp which doesn't require a fast connection.

Try power cycling your phone too, just in case.

Enjoy Oslo. The Opera house roof is worth a walk up to the top if you have time!

Investigator

Hi Chistery, Telia 3G is the network that shows in my Iphone. But for some reason doesn't work. I've tried even taking out the sim card and installing it again. Some sales sim card told me that here in Oslo the technology is different. That's the reason their sims only are valid in Norway. It's a pitty because biking here is so cool and I need the app to see where are the slots. Thanks anyway.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @guillermo

Thanks for coming to the community.

Can you check the mobile data is turned on in the settings,

Go to Settings > Mobile Data > Data Roaming and also Enable 4G is set for voice&data.

If this is all set up,

Can you do a network reset,

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.