by martynb23 Investigator
Investigator

Is Receiving Calls covered under Roaming Add-0ns?

I'm thinking of buying 60 mins worth of calls for £10 while I'm on holiday in the Caribbean next month.

The ee charges for both making AND receiving calls are normally £1.80 a minute.  So, does anyone know if the £10 add-on covers incoming calls as well or just outgoing ones?

Thanks in anticipation!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Is Receiving Calls covered under Roaming Add-0ns?

Good Morning @martynb23.

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I have looked into this and can confirm 60 global minutes will allow you to call within the country you're travelling in or to make or receive calls to UK mobiles and landlines from anywhere in the world (excluding Europe Zone).

You should now have a private message from myself for further information. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@martynb23   Just looking at this and it does say “make”. Your not making a call when you’re receiving a call.

Call from anywhere

60 minutes per month

Make 60 minutes of calls per month for just £10 from wherever you are. This includes calls back to the UK or within the country you're travelling in.

but I would call customer services just to check.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

OTOH What is World Select Talk and Text? in other countries says:

You’ll only be charged for days when you make calls, receive calls or send texts abroad.

Is it just a matter of sloppy wording or is it intentional?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

IMHO it means exactly what it says.... but it should be EXPLICIT, ie, SAY that it doesn't matter if you've paid to get an hours worth of calls, YOU WILL BE BILLED AT £1.60 per minute if someone dares to call YOU!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

"includes" is a loose defining word, so I wouldn't say it was exact. Yes, it includes making calls but what else does it include? What we wanna know is what it excludes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
Solution

Good Morning @martynb23.

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I have looked into this and can confirm 60 global minutes will allow you to call within the country you're travelling in or to make or receive calls to UK mobiles and landlines from anywhere in the world (excluding Europe Zone).

You should now have a private message from myself for further information. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Investigator

Many thanks for responding Katie!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Katie_B wrote:

I have looked into this and can confirm 60 global minutes will allow you to call within the country you're travelling in (but not receive from phones of the country you're travelling in?) or to make or receive calls to UK mobiles and landlines from anywhere in the world (excluding Europe Zone).

by

Hi @XRaySpeX

Thanks for the question. 

I have looked into this and can confirm local incoming calls are not included. 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.