by paddygsleeves
Explorer

Is Canada included in "roaming included"?

I am ready to upgrade my Sim Only plan. I have been offered options with different roaming types: EU, Roaming Included and EU plus 5 extra destinations.

I will be spending the next year in Vancouver, Canada. I want to know if the Roaming Inlcuded option means I can use data in Canada without additional charges. I'd also like to know what the 5 extra destinations are or if I can choose them. When I put that option in the basket I am not given a choice of destinations, it just takes me straight to the purchase page.

Thanks,

Patrick

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Is Canada included in "roaming included"?

The "5 extra destinations" option includes Canada. It will be an EE Max plan which includes 5 non-EU extra destinations, which are USA, Canada, Oz, NZ & Mexico.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by paddygsleeves
Explorer

That's awesome. Thanks for your quick response.

Do you know if I am able to use my minutes and texts in Canada too?

Also, as part of the 4GEE Max you get BTSport App, will I be able to use this in Canada or is that restricted to the UK only?

And lastly 😄 - Does the 'roaming: included' option include Canada, how is this one different from 'Roaming: EU'

Thanks,

Patrick

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You did mention though:

I will be spending the next year in Vancouver, Canada.

You cannot use the included roaming benefits for long term use in any country though.

From the EE price plan:

Stable links

EE plans are intended for customers with a stable link to the UK who travel abroad periodically. They are not intended for customers roaming on a permanent or semi-permanent basis. We will consider you have a stable link to the UK if spend a total of 60 days or more during any 120 day period within the UK. If your usage abroad in the EU/EEA exceeds this, you will be alerted by text, and after a 2-week period we may charge you for services you use or block your SIM card and roaming services. We’ll let you know before we do anything.

by paddygsleeves
Explorer

Thank you jmitchel, that makes a big difference!

I would want to use the SIM (and it's benefits) long term.

Maybe I have to post this next question in a new thread, but would it be possible for me to pause my current contract with EE (I am ready to upgrade and at the end of an existing contract) so that when I return to the UK next year I can revert back to my existing phone number.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

You may use your UK allowances mins, text & data up to 15 GB (Fair Use policy) in anywhere in EU & the 5 extra destinations.

To get roaming in Canada you must take the option that says "EU plus 5 extra destinations". It should also mention EE Max which the others won't.

Sorry, dunno about BT Sport, but wouldn't be surprised if there were region restrictions.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't pause your monthly contract but you could transfer it to PAYG & keep that alive by sending a chargeable text at least every 179 days.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @paddygsleeves

Thanks for visiting community 🙂

I hope you got all the answers you needed from all the guys who have gave you thorough advice.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.