by Stany1983 Investigator
Investigator

International Calls Barred

1. I've recently started working abroad and since arriving have been unable to make calls to anyone. I've discovered that under call settings I have Outgoing International Calls barred. Other options are deactivated but this one won't and it requires a pin/password. I've tried 0000 and 1111 as well as others, my phone unlock pin for example.

I need help with this as I can't even call EE customer services to sort it out! Luckily I can use my data so I've been able to contact people but the problem is, if I have an emergency I cannot contact the relevant parties. Please get in touch and let me know how I can solve this!

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: International Calls Barred

@Stany1983  Look hi to your online account and wait for a live chat window to pop up you can use this to request the  International call bar to be lifted 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Stany1983  Logini to your online account and wait for a live chat window to pop up you can use this to request the  International call bar to be lifted 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Stany1983

Welcome to the community.

Are you able to receive calls and texts?

Speak soon, Leanne.

Investigator

I can send and receive texts but can't make calls. Yesterday I received a phone call but today the same person couldn't get through despite us both having full signal, she got an automated message at her end.

My phone manufacturer states that call barring pins are dictated by network providers - perhaps this is why mine won't switch off?

Get Outlook for Android
Investigator

Thanks Chris, I'll do that when I get on my laptop later!

by
EE Employee

Hi @Stany1983

Let us know how you get on with that.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Wow, that wasn't very helpful, Lee!

Perhaps you could assist me in the time before I'm able to get on my laptop, since I'm working out here?

by
EE Employee

Hi @Stany1983

I would be unable to offer further assistance here in the community as we do not have any account access.

As you are now unable to receive calls I would be unable to offer a callback.

Have you tried a manual network search to see if changing network will help?

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Which country are you roaming?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi Lee, thanks for replying, I know I was a bit short but this has really been getting my goat since I arrived in country. I'd prefer not to say where I am online for privacy and security reasons, but it's one of the 52(?) countries where my plan allows me to roam using my inclusive minutes, texts and data.

I have already tried a manual network search, and found one which allows me to send/receive texts and use data, but no others give me access to calls. All had outgoing international calls barred.

I've also tried limiting myself to 2/3G bandwiths, disabling/enabling carrier aggregation, resetting my phone's settings to default. All I've learned is that my call settings are set to bar outgoing international calls and try as I might I can't disable it. Obviously I can't call EE customer services, though they could call me (the person who tried to call earlier managed to get through in the end and called again this evening with no problems).

What I need is a viable PIN to disable this option so I can use my minutes - any help you can offer is very much appreciated. Also, there is no live chat popping up as I log into the EE community from my laptop, not sure why. So that's that idea out of the water...

by
EE Employee

Hello there @Stany1983

Thanks for coming back to us.

I have sent you a private message on here to get some further details.

Speak soon.

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.