by CharlieR
Explorer

In Spain, no service

I have just arrived in Spain. I did not check before I left about whether I could use my phone abroad, as previously I have got a text that then lets me buy a roaming package for my trip.

Currently I have no service, only WiFi,  cannot call or text 150.

I have an iPhone, Network Selection is on Automatic, Mobile Data is on, as is WiFi calling. Have received no text (due to the lack of service I imagine)

Also, I have never been able to log in to my EE as the page always refuses to load. 

Please help - thank you

Charlie

5 REPLIES 5
by CharlieR
Explorer

Re: In Spain, no service

My partner (and his phone) is in the UK - I’m in Spain on my own.
But I imagine he could call from there for me?

What a pain. But thank you for your help! X

Sent from my iPad
by
EE Employee

Hi @CharlieR and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@CharlieR  Wifi calling will not work when your abroad as it’s a UK only feature.   While in Spain you can use your allowances so no need to purchase add-ons any more.    But did you enable roaming on your account before you left the UK ?    This is done by calling customer services or by texting ROAMING to 150 before you leave the UK

by CharlieR
Explorer

Hello!

Thank you for your reply.

I did a manual search for carrier - waited a while and some did come up - I’ve tapped in a few and nothing changes. Currently tapped Orange SP - there’s a blue tick but no change in service sadly.

Called my partner using 0044 and the call failed.

What’s next?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Employee

Hi @CharlieR

If your partners phone is working you can dial customer services on +44 (0) 7953 966 250

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.