by Aejw Investigator
Investigator

In South Africa on iPhone 6s with roaming enabled. All outgoing calls get bleeps

Sorry new user. I am in South Africa on  iPhone 6s with roaming enabled. When I dial using the correct international code all I get is multiple bleeps. What can I do?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: In South Africa on iPhone 6s with roaming enabled. All outgoing calls get bl

Hi @Aejw 

You need to activate international calls and premium text.

Log into your online account and then menu - Manage device, make sure you have activated roaming and international calls.

Or

From the MyEE app current usage - controls, activate use phone abroad and make international and premium calls

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Aejw Investigator
Investigator

Re: In South Africa on iPhone 6s with roaming enabled. All outgoing calls get bl

Hi

Thanks for your rapid reply. Have gone to the app. Already have Use phone abroad allowed, make international and premium rate calls allowed so what do I do next?

Regards

Jake

Jake
Mob +xxxxxxxxxxx
Home Office +xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPad

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Aejw 

Restart your phone.

It should work now, but can take 24 hours to activate.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Aejw Investigator
Investigator

Have tried that but only recently so hope it will work. Also tried taking SIM card out and replacing. Will wait for success but If no joy after 24 hours will come back.
Thanks
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Aejw

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

Is this working for you today?

If not, can you receive calls and texts?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.