by Mitsi Contributor
Contributor

In Europe using phone 6 months

Can you use phone in Europe for 6 months on flex plan with no penalties 

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: In Europe using phone 6 months

@Mitsi: Not unless you return to UK every 2 months for 2 months.

All EE plans are intended for UK residents. You must demonstrate that you have a stable link with UK by spending at least 2 months in UK within any 4 month period. Beyond that you will be warned of having to pay surcharges for your use in the EU.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Mitsi Contributor
Contributor

Recieve calls free europe 6 months

Hi can I recieve calls for 6 months free on flex plan in europe

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Recieve calls free europe 6 months

@Mitsi: Yes, you may receive calls; you just can't make them for that long w/out returning to UK. It is as I said earlier.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

If EE block your SIM card though which can potentially happen if you break your stable link T&C's, you wont be able to make or receive calls.

From the Flex plan T&C's:

Stable links

Our EE Flex Plan service is intended for customers with a stable link to the UK who travel abroad periodically. It is not intended for customers roaming on a permanent or semi-permanent basis. We will consider you have a stable link to the UK if spend a total of 60 days or more during any 120 day period within the UK. If your usage abroad in the EU/EEA/Switzerland exceeds this, you will be alerted by text, and after a 2-week period we may charge you for services you use or block your SIMcard and roaming services. We’ll let you know before we do anything.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed: The Stable Links condition is worded slightly diff for PAYG & Contract and looks more up-to-date:

Stable links

You must comply with the EE fair use policy which includes you being a permanent resident in, or having a stable link to, the UK. We will consider you to have a stable link to the UK if, during any four-month period, you:
• spend a total of two months or more within the UK; or
• mainly use your inclusive voice, text or data usage allowances in the UK, rather than while you are roaming.

If we reasonably believe there is a breach of this stable links policy, we will monitor this based on the combination of your presence in the UK and usage in the EU/EEA/Switzerland for four months. If, during this four month period, we believe or know that you may have breached the conditions set out above, we will notify you of the breaches and ask you to explain the reasons for this, as well as setting out the type of proof you need to supply to satisfy us that your usage complies with EE’s stable links policy.

If you do not contact us within 14 days or we think that your explanation for your usage is unreasonable we may apply a surcharge for all future usage. Surcharges are set out above and we will cease to charge these surcharges when you contact us and either supply the proof requested in our notification or comply with the stable links policy. You may not resell our UK SIM cards to persons not residing in or having stable links to the UK. If you do, we may block the SIM card and roaming services.

In particular there is no longer talk of blocking SIM for further usage, just surcharges.

by Mitsi Contributor
Contributor

Hi can I recieve free texts while in europe for 6 months

Hi can I recieve  free texts while in europe for 6 months and thanks for the previous  replys 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

But the Flex Plan T&C's which I posted and linked to do still state EE can block SIM cards.  Any other plan type T&C's wont apply.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed: I know! Just saying! Watch that (Flex) space! Smiley Wink

Are CS likely to apply diff Stable Links rules to Flex then from PAYG or contract when by all accounts they appear not to be at all familiar with Flex? Smiley Wink

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Hi can I recieve free texts while in europe for 6 months

@Mitsi: Same applies to receiving texts as for calls.

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by Mitsi Contributor
Contributor

Using just the minutes on flex plan abroad

Hi can I just use the minutes and not the data allowance on the flex plan for 6 months in Europe ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Using just the minutes on flex plan abroad

@Mitsi  Not for 6 months you can’t.  You can only use 60 days in any 120 day period.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.