by caanst

In Australia and free roaming, which is part of my package, won't work.

I was originally 'sold' free roaming in Europe, which within a couple of months became free for everyone. My contract changed to free roaming in other places, including Australia. 

I am now in Australia, I have been for ten days and I do not have free roaming. I followed all the instructions to access what I thought would be the free roaming which I am entitled to, only to end up paying for an Add-on which I barely used, because I set it up, thinking it was my free roaming for the trip, and went to sleep!

Anyone got any good ideas? I am trying not to get really cross about this.

4 REPLIES
by Legend
Legend

Re: In Australia and free roaming, which is part of my package, won't work.

Hi, 

You will need to call CS, but if you are a pay monthly customer you can use the live chat function after 8am UK time here. (click on the cross next to EE and the live chat function will be visible)

Also you are on an EE max plan started after the 10th May then Australia us included. Make sure roaming is activated on your phone under network settings. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

caanst wrote:

My contract changed to free roaming in other places, including Australia. .

How did it change? If you were on a Max plan before 10 May it wouldn't just acquire free roaming in other places, including Australia, unless you did something pro-actively. You needed to change to a new Max plan after 10 May to get these.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @caanst,

Welcome to the EE Community.

When did you take out your plan?

Thanks

James

by Ramphlett21

I think my contract started on the 26th April. Does that mean that I don’t have roaming in Australia included in my plan? If I don’t how can I add this? 

Thanks 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.