by londongus
Visitor

If intern'l calls are in my plan, do I pay extra for calling the UK from the EU?

So my plan says 'Your 4GEE plan gives you 5GB of our superfast data, unlimited minutes and texts to use in the UK or when abroad in the EU.'

But what does that mean? Do I still have to pay for making calls from e.g. Portugal to the UK ?

Thanks

Confused-by-unclear-terminology chap

4 REPLIES 4
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: If intern'l calls are in my plan, do I pay extra for calling the UK from the

Hi @londongus and welcome to the community.

You can make unlimited calls and texts when you are roaming in the EU to other EU and UK standard numbers and it will come out of your inclusive unlimited allowance, as well as use your 5GB data.

When in the UK though, you cannot call the EU for free, that will be charged.

If you are off abroad, text ROAMING to 150 to see if it's all set up ok.

by
EE Employee

Re: If intern'l calls are in my plan, do I pay extra for calling the UK from the

Hi @londongus and welcome to the community.

Please see the brilliant answer above from @chistery in regards to how your tariff will work in the UK and in Europe.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

I don't really see how it's unclear. It says exactly what you get.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@sully1311: It does say where you may call from but it doesn't spell out where you may call to within its included allowances.

E.g. It doesn't say that calling from EU to Timbuktu, for example, is not included.

It also doesn't say that calling from UK to EU is not included.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.