by Pamela7
Explorer

I want to use my iPhone 5 in USA?

I have a EE Essential plan with my iPhone 5 and husband’s iPhone 6.  We shall be going to N. America for a month on 27 Sept. How can we use our iPhones? Pam Lloyd

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I want to use my iPhone 5 in USA?

Just use your phones & pay the charges in https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/usa . Your existing UK/EU allowances are not valid in USA/Canada unless you have a recent Max Plan.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Evening @Pamela7

Welcome to the community.

I can see @XRaySpeX has given you some great advice.

Any pay monthly price plan taken before 10 May 2017 will not have USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand included within the allowance.

If you would like to benefit from these additional 5 countries please get in touch with our customer service team to discuss changing your plan to one of the Max plans that became available on 10 May 2017.

You will also need to make sure you're phones are set up for roaming to do this text ROAMING to 150.

Or, you can check you are set up by logging into your My EE account online and go to Menu > Manage Device > Roaming abroad and International calls

If this is not showing as ticked, can you activate this within your My EE?

This can take up to 24 hours to update for you. 

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

by Pamela7
Explorer

Thank you, Leanne.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You may not get 4G with the iPhone 5 in America though, according to https://willmyphonework.net/

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.