by Etalbot84 Investigator
Investigator

I've just upgraded to a 4gee max plan and thought I could use my phone in usa

I got the below message when I landed in america but I thought because I was on a 4gee max plan that I could use my data/texts etc whilst I'm here? Please can you advise?

Hi again. Now for your data: getting emails and internet abroad is worry free and costs from £4/day in most places. For options, visit add-on.ee.co.uk (free to click - check data roaming is ON). Choose how much data you want and when it runs out we'll ask if you want more. You'll never be charged for more than you choose so there's no chance of an unexpected data bill. Call +447953966150 for Customer Services (£1.00/min) & 112 in case of emergency. Have a good trip!

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Employee

Re: I've just upgraded to a 4gee max plan and thought I could use my phone in us

Hi and welcome to the Community @Etalbot84

So I can try and assist, please may I know when you got your max plan?

Many thanks,

Lee​​​​​​​

Investigator

Re: I've just upgraded to a 4gee max plan and thought I could use my phone in us

Hi

i upgraded my phone on may 15th. 

Thanks for your help. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Etalbot84

As long as the tariff change went through straight away and not as of the next billing date you should not see an issue.

Please may I know if you are using an EE personal or business account?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

It's a personal account. I just don't understand why I'd get a text saying it wasn't included! I flew through Germany on the way and when I landed there it said as part of the plan I can use my data etc. Can I definitely use my phone? I don't want to get any charges! Thanks so much for your help!

by
EE Employee

Hi @Etalbot84

As long as you are on the new max plan which was brought out after May the 10th you will be fine as this includes USA.

Germany was included on the old max plans so that would work anyways.

Please pop to the live chat link.

This can be found in your Private Messages.

Our customer service team will be able to assist with your issue.

The link will be active from now till 8pm (UK TIME).

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.