by Stephen123 Investigator
Investigator

I’ve had the right to roam abroad for many years.I’m abroad, can’t use my phone!

Read more
Read more

I’ve had the right to roam for many years. I currently abroad and can’t use my phone! Why?

can you help me?

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I’ve had the right to roam abroad for many years.I’m abroad, can’t use my ph

@Stephen123  Have you setup roaming on your account?  Did you call customer services and request roaming to be enabled on your account ot did you text roaming to 150 before you left the UK to enable this feature ?  Roaming is not enabled by default and had to be enabled.  

You might be be able to enable roaming on your account yourself by login to your online account,  if the option is not there you will have to wait till customer services is open tomorrow and use live chat from your account to request roaming to be enabled on your account. 

Investigator

Re: I’ve had the right to roam abroad for many years.I’m abroad, can’t use my ph

Didn’t think I had to apply, because I’ve been using the phone abroad for
many years. I wasn’t informed by EE that I had to reapply!
Can’t contact anyone tomorrow, I won’t have WiFi. I’m not very happy with
EE.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Has something changed recently with your account @Stephen123? Have you upgraded or changed plan? If you had roaming and it worked before, it should usually still be on your account.

What happens when you try and connect to a network?

Investigator

Can’t connect to network: No service appears at the top of my phone.
I renewed my contract in
May. Renewal of contract has never before effected my right to roam abroad.

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Stephen123

Thanks for coming to the community.

I recommend logging into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer.

Once you're logged in, a chat window will pop up when an advisor is available.

If you can't get in contact with chat, please get in touch from an alternative phone.

Hope you have a great time 🙂

Investigator

Thanks for your reply & advice. The problem now seems to be resolved.
by
EE Community Support Team

Great news @Stephen123

Thanks for coming back and letting us know 🙂

Have a lovely time and a great Christmas.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.