by Rhubarb1992

I've been charged for listening to my VM abroad

I'm currently abroad and have just noticed I've been charged a considerable fee for listening to my voicemails while abroad. I have always been connected to WiFi when doing this, and cannot see anywhere in my contract where it lists that I will be charged extra for this. Has anyone else experienced this? 

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I've been charged for listening to my VM abroad

@Rhubarb1992   Being connected to WiFi has nothing do this wih listening to your voicemail as you will always be using cellular connection for this when abroad.   And yes you are charged to call your voicemail when abroad.  When you call your voicemail from abroad your making a chargeable international call to your voicemail as your voicemail is located on a server in the UK.  

Please have a look at THIS

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I've been charged for listening to my VM abroad

Where abroad are you? You should not be charged for listening to your VM while in EU.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.