by Huwrowlands Investigator
Investigator

I used ee wifi to call landline in France thinking it would be free but not

I used ee wifi rto call a landline in france but was billed.  I thought ee wifi was free.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I used ee wifi to call landline in France thinking it would be free but not

WiFi data is free but if you are using WiFi calling it is just to assist your ordinary mobile calls & is charged at the same rate.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

WiFi data is free but if you are using WiFi calling it is just to assist your ordinary mobile calls & is charged at the same rate.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Huwrowlands wifi calling is not free no it is exactly the same as using your cellular service to make a call and any calls/texts you do make will either come out of your monthly allowances as normal or charge to your account as if you had made a standard call/text. Here is a link containing the charges for calling numbers abroad from the UK using your EE phone. :):

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/calling-abroad-from-the-uk

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.