by KK1982 Investigator
Investigator

I used a SIM card in the UK and it worked but now is not working in Germany.

I bought a SIM card in the UK, tried it and worked perfectly fine. I travelled to Germany (Berlin) and although it says 4G+, I cannot connect to the internet or use the browser nor WhatsApp. My phone is unlocked and I tried the automatic selection of the network with no avail. I read that you had to send a text message to 150 with the message ROAMING but I didn't do that in the UK and now I cannot do it from here in Germany. I

this the issue? If so, how can I fix it?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I used a SIM card in the UK and it worked but now is not working in Germany.

@KK1982 : You would have bought a PAYG SIM. You don't need to text ROAMING to 150 on PAYG; they are auto enabled for roaming. It should work throughout the EU.

Do you have credit on it or a Pack or Add-on?

What exactly does texting AL to 150 report?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I used a SIM card in the UK and it worked but now is not working in Germany.

Good Morning @KK1982

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I hope you're having a lovely time in Berlin.

Did you make a call or text whilst in the UK? we recommend you do this before travelling abroad with a new SIM as the SIM needs to connect to the EE network. 

Speak shortly,

Katie 🙂

by KK1982 Investigator
Investigator

I browsed with it in the UK, but didn't make any phone calls nor did I send any text messages

by KK1982 Investigator
Investigator

I cannot call, nor send messages, nor use the data. The only thing I can do is use the free wifis.

by KK1982 Investigator
Investigator

I have a Pack of £15 for 3GB with the add-on of 10 GB

by

Thanks for confirming this @KK1982.

It would require you to make call or text message to activate, as soon as your back in the UK and make a call or text the SIM will activate. 

Katie 🙂

by KK1982 Investigator
Investigator

By the time I'm back to the UK I won't need the SIM. Is there a way to activate it from here? 

I thought it was already activated since I browsed with it in the UK.

by

Hi @KK1982

Unfortunately there is no way for us to activate it now you are outside the UK. The SIM will automatically activate when you return and use the SIM for a call or text. 

Thanks, 

Katie

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.