by thewallydug
Visitor

I travel to Turkey tomorrow, will I be able to use my phone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I travel to Turkey tomorrow, will I be able to use my phone?

Yes, as long as you've activated roaming on your a/c by texting ROAMING to 150 before you leave

and

you can't use your UK allowances there as it's outside the EU. See https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/turkey... for charges.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Yes, as long as you've activated roaming on your a/c by texting ROAMING to 150 before you leave

and

you can't use your UK allowances there as it's outside the EU. See https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/turkey... for charges.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @thewallydug

Welcome to the community. 🙂

You can check your current roaming status through your My EE account under Menu >>> Manage Device.

I recommend taking a look at the roaming tool that @XRaySpeX referred to before you go. You can find all costs and add-ons for Turkey on there.

Have an amazing time. 🙂

Chris

by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Hi @thewallydug

As part of some routine housekeeping we have moved your post to a more relevant area. 

Thanks

Sorcha 

Community guidelines Community stars programme

Meet the EE Community teamHow to use the community

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.