by Stefanograce Investigator
Investigator

I travel mostly in the middle east, mostly using wifi. Can I improve my pack?

I travel mostly in the middle east, mostly using wifi. Can I improve my pack?

Rarely go back to Britain, most of my free time is spent in Bahrain but I still officially reside in the UK so what is my best and cheapest option with regards to keeping my EE number/pack? Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I travel mostly in the middle east, mostly using wifi. Can I improve my pack

To keep the SIM & no. alive, as per the hibernation article @James_B showed you, all you need to do is send a text to a UK friend for 60p within every 180 days. You don't need to keep a pack for that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I travel mostly in the middle east, mostly using wifi. Can I improve my pack

Hi @Stefanograce,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you currently using a pay as you go pack?

As you will be paying the standard roaming rates in Bahrain, you could cancel your pack (Text STOP PACK to 150) and purchase a new pack when you are in the UK.

Please remember to follow the guidelines in What is pay as you go hibernation and how can I stop it? to keep your account active.

Hope this helps.

James

Investigator

Thanks for your email James, I'd love to follow that advice unfortunately due to work commitments I have to keep an active number for emergency contact. I am on a pack so I suppose I could go down to the lowest usage/cheaper one until I get back to the uk. Do they have packs designed around travel though? Thanks ciao Steve

by
EE Community Support Team

Sounds like a plan, @Stefanograce.

There aren't specific roaming packs, no.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

To keep the SIM & no. alive, as per the hibernation article @James_B showed you, all you need to do is send a text to a UK friend for 60p within every 180 days. You don't need to keep a pack for that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thanks for the tip XRaySpeX will follow your advice Ciao

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.