by Ju19 Investigator
Investigator

I subscribed for the Further Roaming add-on. Now in USA. No data

I knew I was coming to the States so signed up to further roaming. I’m here now but cannot access internet at all. No apps, no mail.

can anyone help?

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I subscribed for the Further Roaming add-on. Now in USA. No data

Did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150?

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your MyEE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ju19.

Welcome to the community.

Could you check in your My EE Account to see if roaming is activated?

If it already is, could you try manually connecting to a different network?

If you let us know what phone you're using we can advise you how to do this 🙂

Jon

by Ju19 Investigator
Investigator

Hi XRaySpeX
Thanks for the reply. I didn’t text to 150 in uk but I have now. Reply tells me roaming is already enabled. I’ve restarted phone in USA. No change.
I can’t find any option to enable roaming in either the myee app or online. There’s no manage device option the menu.
Any ideas?

Sent from Justin's phone
by

Hi @Ju19.

What phone are you using?

Does your phone have a signal?

Jon

by Ju19 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for replies. Still no joy. Talked to EE customer support. They couldn’t help. New twist... typed google.com into browser, brought up an EE page (shows I can see the net!) telling me I have no data in USA but further down same page says I have 15gb that can be used roaming in lots of countries including the USA!!! I would attach the screenshot if I could.

by Ju19 Investigator
Investigator

Sorry forgot to answer previous question. It’s an iPhone 6

justin

by

Thanks @Ju19.

Does the EE Page tell you that you've got 15GB to use, or is it asking you to buy some data?

Could you try resetting your network settings? This can be done in Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings.

Jon

by Patrick59

Hi, did this ever get resolved in your time in the USA - or was it an epic fail....

I only ask as I am looking at the best way to move on this as I am in the States for a week and wanted to understand your experience....

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I'm see I'm late to this but if it's still not working you can try removing your spend cap. Not sure if EE have fixed this known issue.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/billing-usage-and-top-up/track-and-manage-your-usage/how-do-i-set-up-... 

Also, @Patrick59  check you have roaming enabled now, text roaming to 150 and see what it says.

by

Hi @Patrick59

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Please make sure that roaming and calling abroad are active in your My EE account.

Chris

by Ju19 Investigator
Investigator

Hi all

being new to this I pressed the Solution button by mistake! Don’t know how to undo that.

actually the problem was solved by a two hour session with ee customer support. (Calling 150 works well in the states). After I got to the 3rd level of technical expertise. The guy removed all my data allowance because it was somehow restricted to UK only. He gave me back 300mb and all has worked ever since. I’m slightly worried what will happen tomorrow when my data renews but happy for the moment. Obviously I’m using WiFi whenever possible but will be hiring a car soon and need roaming for navigation.

thanks for community help

justin

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ju19 wrote:

being new to this I pressed the Solution button by mistake! Don’t know how to undo that.

Done!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ju19 Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

As I feared today is contract reset day and there’s no data although I’m supposed to get 250mb/month. Myee gives nothing away and I’m now too late to talk to customer support. It’s like Groundhog Day. I’ll just have to wait till the morning. This has been a bad experience! Tomorrow i really need maps to work as I’m hiring a car to drive to Grand Canyon.

by

I'm sorry to hear that the fix the Tech Gurus tried didn't work fully, @Ju19.

I hope they manage to get you sorted for you today.

Enjoy the Grand Canyon. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.