by Kpoct
Explorer

I need more info about what my Max plan covers

Hi!

So confused.

I'm on a complicated world tour for work and can't get enough info from EE online to see if I am covered for the following scenarios:

Being in America and calling a UK registered mobile phone number (also on the EE Max plan) when the handset (and handset owner) is in Canada. So to ring the mobile I have to dial in a 44? Will that just be in my minutes?

Then generally calling from non-uk country to non-uk country , when they aren't UK registered mobiles, when roaming- will those be charged as international calls, not from plan minutes?

If I used my data to make a WhatsApp call non UK country to non UK country, that comes from my normal plan data?

Calling home and calling within the country you are in are included in minutes. And you can't call from UK to abroad. That much I understand.

Further clarification would be much appreciated. Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: I need more info about what my Max plan covers

You are correct yes.  As you are on the Max plan with those 5 extra none-EU countries calls within any of the included roaming zones to either UK landlines, UK mobiles, local landlines or local mobiles in any of those zones are indeed all included in the Max plan allowances.

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

You can only use your plan abroad for a limited period so if your intention is to stay abroad for some time then local sims would be your best bet. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Kpoct
Explorer

Thanks for your reply, but I am back in the UK enough to make it work.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re the calling a UK mobile when you are in the US.  It doesn't matter where in the world that handset is at the time, you will still be charged the standard rate for calling a UK mobile, be it when you are roaming or when at home.

If you are on the newest Max plan (since ~May 2017), then all roaming when in the US will be included so in this case the call will just come out of your normal allowances.

If you are on an older Max plan (before ~May 2017) then the call will be charged at the standard roaming rate to a UK mobile.

When did you start your Max plan?

by Kpoct
Explorer

Hi. Thanks!

Ihave the new plan (started in October) so covered.

Oh so...a bunch of people with UK mobiles touring the world could ring each other anywhere and not be charged roaming on any plan? That's interesting to know.

So the last thing to know is: in price plan it says for EU roaming (unless I have misunderstood)you can ring from France to Spain etc and have it come out for your minutes. So I am taking that to mean on the Max you could ring from Canada to US or Germany to Australia and have it out your minutes. But they don't specifically say that is the case so I am unsure.... 

by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

You are correct yes.  As you are on the Max plan with those 5 extra none-EU countries calls within any of the included roaming zones to either UK landlines, UK mobiles, local landlines or local mobiles in any of those zones are indeed all included in the Max plan allowances.

by Kpoct
Explorer

Awesome. Many thanks for confirming. 

It's quite a good deal isn't it...if only it covered China too 😀

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Kpoct, Yes, that is correct, on the new Max Plan, you can ring anywhere in the EU and five other countries, and it will be the same as if you were ringing people in the UK, but if in the UK and calling abroad, then there is a charge, and any country that is not on the list of countries included in your Max Plan you will pay if you are in a country that is not on the list.

You can always check it out to see which countries in the EU and the five countries that are included.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kpoct wrote:

Oh so...a bunch of people with UK mobiles touring the world could ring each other anywhere and not be charged roaming on any plan? That's interesting to know.

Not quite!

1. Caller in EU (ex UK), UK recipient anywhere: Free roaming.
  2. Max caller in 5 other countries, UK recipient anywhere: Free roaming.
  3. Max caller outside EU + 5 other countries, UK recipient anywhere: Chargeable roaming.
  4. Non-Max caller outside EU, UK recipient anywhere: Chargeable roaming.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.