by ngroom Investigator
Investigator

I'n in Spain from UK and can't call home due to 'conditional call forwarding'

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I'n in Spain from UK and can't call home due to 'conditional call forwarding

@ngroom: Did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I'n in Spain from UK and can't call home due to 'conditional call forwarding

Morning @ngroom

Thanks for coming to the community.

Has the great advice from @XRaySpeX, helped you make calls from Spain?

If not, what phone are you using?

Are you able to send texts?

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

by ngroom Investigator
Investigator

After very helpful discussions with EE and suggestions on this page the problem has not gone away but mutated: in some parts of the country I can call, in other parts in need to add 00 at the beginning of the number, in yet other parts I can only use the call-back function from a message, and still in some places I get the same error code and can't get through due to 'conditional call forwarding active'....

by

Hi @ngroom

Does it seem to depend on which network carrier that your phone connects to throughout your travels?

Chris

by ngroom Investigator
Investigator

that must be the reason - thank you! I'll talk to EE about whether I can fix the network

by

Good Morning @ngroom.

Which network are you connected to?

Are you able to clear the conditional call forwarding or do you need it set up?

Jon

Highlighted
by ngroom Investigator
Investigator

Hi Jon

Thanks! I'm trying to clear it, but now I know I can use the 'phone in certain areas I'll leave it until I get home

by

No problem @ngroom.

If you need any further help just let us know!

Enjoy your time in Spain 🙂

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.