by Girlytiger
Explorer

I'm unable to send texts whilst here in Cyprus, despite updating my allowances?

Currently on holiday in Cyprus ( from the UK ). Tried to text my daughter ( who is here with us ) last night and this morning and no joy? I've updated my text allowance but still no service? I'm using the hotel wifi at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated. TY. 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I'm unable to send texts whilst here in Cyprus, despite updating my allowanc

@Girlytiger  Are a contract customer or a payg customer?  is your daughter a contract or payg customer? Do you and your daughter have a signal on your devices ?   If your a contract customer did you enable roaming on your account before you left the UK ?  If f your daughter is a contract customer did she enable roaming on her account before she left the UK ?   Are yoor texts sending but fails to be received?   

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I'm unable to send texts whilst here in Cyprus, despite updating my allowanc

Hi @Girlytiger

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I see @Chris_B has asked some questions to get to the bottom of this.

Please try the troubleshooting below:-

Try re-booting your device

Try turning 4G off in ‘settings’

Perform a manual network search:-

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
  • Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
  • Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

If it doesn't work, get back to us with the answers, we'll be able to help you get up and running. 🙂

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris 🙂

by Girlytiger
Explorer

Hi Chris! Many thanks for the prompt response 🙂. Good news... after
trying your suggestions, it was turning off Automatic Network that finally
worked🙂🙂👏🏻. My phone just didn't like the Voda-Cyt network🙄. I really
appreciate your time and assistance , thank you. 😀😀
by
EE Community Support Team

Great news @Girlytiger

Hope you have an amazing time 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.