by Queendee0910 Investigator
Investigator

I’m on a 4GEE max plan and I’m in US but I can’t call UK numbers, why is this ?

I’ recently set up my 4GEE max plan and was assured that I will be able to call uk numbers from here but whenever I try I get an Automated message saying that I can’t make an international call from this number. I can’t even contact EE because I can’t call 150 from here and the +44 number they’ve given for callers abroad STILL doesn’t go through... it sends me to the same automated message. Their live chat doesn’t show up either... I’m getting highly frustrated because I’m paying for a service I can’t even use. I can’t call or text UK numbers and it even says i should be able to on my EE app. I’ve rebooted my phone many times and it still doesn’t work!

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I’m on a 4GEE max plan and I’m in US but I can’t call UK numbers, why is thi

@Queendee0910   Login to your account and make sure international and premium rate numbers are enabled.   Taking out a tariff that gives you the ability to use your allowance when abroad doesn’t mean that  international and premium rate numbers are enable as these are not part of your tariff.   

Investigator

Re: I’m on a 4GEE max plan and I’m in US but I can’t call UK numbers, why is thi

I spoke to EE before I travelled and was assured that I WILL be able to call UK & US numbers whilst I’m in the US as it is part of my plan.

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @Queendee0910

Did you manage to follow the instructions given by @Chris_B and did these help?

Please let me know as I may be able to assist further.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

No it didn’t help and I would like someone from

EE to contact me 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Queendee0910  As this is a public forum not customer services you’ll need to login to your online account and wait for a live chat window to pop up you can use this to speak with customer services about your issue. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Queendee0910

Thanks for trying this for us.

I have sent you a private message on here, so I can get some details from you.

Thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.