by DH3
Visitor

I'm off to Turkey on holiday what's the best way to not incur charges on my bill

Help I need to use my phone for texting,  mobile banking and the odd call whilst in Turkey for 1 week. What is the cheapest way to do this ??

4 REPLIES 4
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: I'm off to Turkey on holiday what's the best way to not incur charges on my

Hi @DH3 

Welcome to the EE Community,

all the information for roaming in Turkey can be found by following this link.

https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/turkey...

Thanks,

David.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Roaming in Turkey is not inclusive as it's outside EU.

If you are on contract, remember to text ROAMING to 150 before you leave to check roaming is enabled on your account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@DH3 

Just remember to use a VPN for any personal stuff (banking etc) over wifi if you use it. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Regarding the cheapest way to roam in Turkey:

Other than an EE add-on (not by far the cheapest way), you can try FlexiRoam for data. They provide a microchip (essentially a SIM card) that you can stick on top of your existing EE SIM card, and you can switch between using EE and Flexiroam through an app.

Flexiroam prices are very good all around the world. As an example, 10GB data to use in Turkey would currently cost $14.70 (that's US Dollars).

If you are going in a few days you probably don't have enough time to do this as you'll need to order the starter pack and wait for it to arrive, but it's good to know for future use.

Flexiroam only do data, they don't do calls and texts (although they have a calling functionality coming soon I think) so you'd need to use an app like Signal, WhatsApp, Viber and similar one for calls and texts.

The other alternative is to get a local Turkish SIM card once you arrive there.

And definitely use a VPN *all the time* while you are in Turkey.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.