by DaveBaum
Visitor

I’m in the USA and need to call the UAE what add on do I need?

I’m in the USA with the Go Further add on already active so I know I can call in the USA and back to UK as part of my plan.  I need to be able to call a number in the UAE as well and want to know what add on I need to add to enable this? Is it the 60 or 120 Global minutes add on? The explanation isn’t very clear as to whether I can use it to call a UAE number from the USA from my UK mobile.

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I’m in the USA and need to call the UAE what add on do I need?

Hi @DaveBaum

Welcome to the community.

For calls from the USA to UAE, you would have to pay the per minute rate detailed on the roaming tool.

The 120 Global minutes add-on is only to call or receive calls from UK mobiles and landlines from anywhere in the world (excluding Europe Zone).

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You could buy the World Select Talk and Text add-on for £6 / day for unlimited calls & texts during the day. It'll be worth it if you make more than 6 mins calls abroad / day. To get it text WORLD to 150. See https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/usa .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

I've looked into this and the World Select Talk and Text add-on isn't quite right for this scenario, @XRaySpeX.

Here's what the World Select Talk and Text add-on covers:

From/To Call Texts
Any included country to the UK (e.g. USA to UK) Yes Yes
Any included country to included country (e.g. USA to Canada) Yes Yes
Any included country to all other countries (e.g. USA to New Zealand) No No
From UK to any other country (Calling Abroad) No No

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Christopher_G: Then why is it called "World"? The included countries number only 5. Since when has the World consisted of only 5 countries?

From the title "World" I interpreted it as covering calls from the 5 included countries to anywhere in the World.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @XRaySpeX,

I'll pass on your feedback about the naming of the Add-on to right people.

Thanks Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.