by Shaunik
Explorer

I’m in the US on the new max plan but can’t connect using my data allowance.

I’ve got an iphine7 and upgraded to the new max plan in January. I’m in the States, got a text saying everything should work but can’t connect. Help please. 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I’m in the US on the new max plan but can’t connect using my data allowance.

@Shaunik  On the device have you enabled data roaming?  It’s in settings>Mobile data>mobile data options.   You need to toggle on data roaming.   

by
EE Employee

Re: I’m in the US on the new max plan but can’t connect using my data allowance.

Hi @Shaunik and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I see @Lee_H has been helpful, but just to ask, if you go to http://neverssl.com do you get redirected to the correct page, or the add-on page?

by Shaunik
Explorer

Thanks. I ended up phoning EE and they had to sort it out - there was a previous add on that wasn’t removed yet and clashed with the US roaming. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Shaunik

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know.

Hope you have a brilliant time 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.