by VickyB64 Investigator
Investigator

I'm in lanzarote but can't make any calls to the uk. I can make local calls.

I really need to call home but it just says service is unavailable and to call customer services. But I can't make any uk calls! I can't ring 150 or anything. I can't ring the number they give to ring from abroad. There doesn't seem to be any live chat available. I rang Ee before I left to say I was going abroad. I've only been with Ee for a month and am seriously unimpressed. Any suggestions as I'm going crazy. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: I'm in lanzarote but can't make any calls to the uk. I can make local calls.

Thanks for checking, @VickyB64. I thought that may have been the case.

I've sent you a private message asking you for some information about this.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks.

Chris 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
by VickyB64 Investigator
Investigator

Re: I'm in lanzarote but can't make any calls to the uk. I can make local calls.

Hi Chris

It says roaming abroad allowed but calls abroad blocked. When I rang EE before I left I hadn't been with them long enough to allow calling abroad without paying a deposit, but I understood that to mean I couldn't ring abroad from the UK, not he other way. I've been able to make local calls here.

It's my birthday tomorrow and I really need to be able to ring home!!

Sent from my iPad
by
EE Employee

Hi @VickyB64 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

by VickyB64 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee

Thank you for your suggestion. I've tried that but still no good. Automatically I am on Moviestar network. If I take it off automatic, search comes up with Vodaphone ES and Orange SP. calls still don't work with Vodaphone and there is no service with orange!

Any other suggestions please?

Sent from my iPad
by

Thanks for trying @VickyB64

Could you please log into your My EE account, tap Menu >>> Manage Device.

Does it say if there is an international bar on your account?

Chris

by
Solution

Thanks for checking, @VickyB64. I thought that may have been the case.

I've sent you a private message asking you for some information about this.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.